At this time of year I always like to reflect back on the previous year and ask myself the following 10 questions, for me personally and for my home-based business.
It’s a great way to take stock of where you are, as you begin thinking about where you want to go in the coming year.
1. What did I learn?
2. What went well?
3. What didn’t go as planned?
4. Where could I have improved?
5. What do I need to let go of?
6. In what areas do I need to seek out additional education or support?
7. What team members do I need to add or subtract?
8. Where do I want to go next year?
9. Where are the gaps in my knowledge, expertise, or experience, to get there?
10. What steps can I start taking now to help me reach my goals next year?
You need to know where you’re going and what you want out of your life and your home-based business, in order to get there. But very often, we’re so busy working in our business that we forget to look up and see where we are, and ask ourselves if we’re on track, or off track, and if so, what changes need to be made.
So take some time this week to look in the rear-view mirror of your life and your business. Ask and answer these questions. And next week, we’ll share some tips to help you use this knowledge to start mapping out a plan for 2010.