I was reading an article in US News & World Report and it shared 10 money lessons from billionaires. I thought it was worth sharing a brief summary. If you want to read the original article you’ll find it here.
Here’s what billionaires say it takes to earn a lot of money.
- Believe it is possible.
- Your success is tied to how much you do for others.
- Plan and constantly choose to live your life fully.
- Constantly seek to grow yourself.
- Work hard and never give up.
- Do it well or don’t do it at all.
- Find unmet needs and opportunities to do things better.
- Focus on making peoples’ lives better (not on getting rich).
- Get help and share your success.
- Be happy first and success will follow.
I think these are all valid and noble ways to live and build a successful business. Will following them make you a billionaire? I suppose it’s possible. But I also believe it takes a bit of luck and having the right idea at the right time to achieve such an extraordinary level of success. I don’t think you can boil down billionaire status to a 10-step system. However, I would say if you’re striving for more success or money, living and working according to these guidelines certainly ought to help get you there.
What do you think?
I’d love to hear your thoughts on this list. Please take a moment to post a comment and share.